Something went wrong!
Please try again later.
Eminent golfer and three-time Limca Book Record holder Siddharth Naik lost his battle to cancer at the age of 42 on Monday night. Siddharth, who has carved a niche of his own as an amateur golfer, is survived by his wife Anuya, son Veer and father Ashvin.
Siddharth Naik lost his battle to cancer at the age of 42
The late golfer kicked off his career as a basketball player, representing Gujarat and Ahmedabad, before being introduced to golf in 2006.
He started the ‘Golf in School’ programme associating with a number of schools in Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Maharashtra. He was also closely associated with several golf clubs in Gujarat where he played a key role in developing the game and making it accessible to more people.
Diagnosed with cancer two years ago, Siddharth courageously fought it out like a true hero and created a new World Record in Golf in June 2016. He was the founder of The Ahmedabad Elite Golfers Association (TAEGA), a non-profit body which popularizes golf in the Ahmedabad region.
Siddharth will always be remembered for working tirelessly for the growth and development of Golf.
Key highlights of his achievements
1) Founded TAEGA- The Ahmedabad Elite Golfers Association, a non- profit body which popularizes Golf in the Ahmedabad region.
2) June 2014- Played golf from sunrise to sunset for 13.47 hours, that is, 182 holes of golf in stroke play format and entered into the LIMCA Book of Records. (this is a national record co owned by him and Brijesh Patel.)
3) April 2014- He co-founded the Caddie Golf League along with Brijesh Patel, another non-profit body which aims to encourage, appreciate and motivate the unsung heroes of Golf- the caddies, who lead lives full of hardships, yet cheerfully walked miles with each golfer, carrying his or her heavy kit.
4) January 2015- Siddharth became first and only golfer from Gujarat to acquire the title of an R and A and IGU certified Golf Rules Official/ Golf Referee. Since then he continued to officiate in many tournaments with PGTI (Professional Golf Tour of India) and IGU (Indian Golf Union).
5) June 2015- Played golf on 10 different Golf Courses in Ahmedabad in less than 12 hours. This is also a Limca Book Record (this is a national record co owned by him and Brijesh Patel)
USGA | June 20, 2022
A peek into the leaderboard and you will find all stars stacked up. Jon Rahm, Scottie Scheffler and Rory McIlroy are all in contention at The Country Club. Read More