Something went wrong!
Please try again later.
Most Asian countries have but a handful of golf courses; Thailand boasts more than 260, the best of which are worth the experience. All are available to overseas golf visitors. While the cost of golf -- as well as lodging, food and entertainment remain an attractive factor for Indians, the quality of the golf -- and hotels, as well as the cuisine après-golf options -- remain utterly first class.
Here, from the sparkling waters of Phuket to the mystical mountains of Chiang Mai and everywhere in-between is the best Golf in Asia. Lush perfectly manicured fairways and greens, idyllic tropical scenery, sumptuous welcoming club houses, attentive and knowledgeable caddies, a host of experiences both on and off the golf course that you will never forget.
To tackle with the Cover 19 precautions, Thailand launches certification scheme to enhance tourism health and hygiene standards:
“Thailand has implemented the "New Normal" to ensure of safety and health for all travellers to the Kingdom. What remains the same and gets better is that Thailand offers a unique golf experience landscape from the mountain to seaside golf courses with varieties of products and services offered to Indian golfers. “
- Mr. Vachirachai Sirisumpan, Director Tourism Authority of Thailand New Delhi Office. Mr. Vachirachai Sirisumpan has been appointed as the new Director of Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) New Delhi Office from 1st February, 2020. He has been with TAT for more than 20 years with extensive experience working in various division including International Relations Division, Europe, Middle East and Africa Markets Region, Domestic Marketing, and Policy and Planning Department.
Thailand’s tourism and health authorities have teamed up to launch a unique certification scheme aimed to prepare the Thai tourism industry for the recovery period and enhance confidence amongst international and domestic tourists.
The “Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration: SHA” project was launched by Mr. Phiphat Ratchakitprakan, Minister of Tourism and Sports, Mr. Chote Trachu, Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Dr. Panpimol Wipulakorn, Director-General, Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health, and Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand at a press conference “Amazing Thailand Safety & Health Administration: (SHA)”
“The SHA project aims to make tourism a part of the overall national preventive measures and ensure that both Thai and foreign tourists have a positive experience, and that they are happy and confident in the sanitation and safety of Thailand’s tourism products and services”, Minister Phiphat said.
Golf is one of the few sports that can be played safely during the coronavirus pandemic, provided that certain precautions are taken by players and course operators.
With this we bring to you insight on some of Thailand’s best Golfing destinations- in no particular order.
1. Hua Hin has emerged as a golf destination in just two hours drive south of Bangkok on the west side of the Gulf of Thailand. Hua Hin is a golf holiday haven with eight high quality courses including Black Mountain and Banyan, two of the best in the kingdom. The preferred holiday destination of the Thai royal family since 1924, Hua Hin is a delightful small city. It's streets crammed with restaurants and interesting shops. Hua Hin’s long white sand beach is one of the best in Thailand and its residents epitomise the friendly welcoming spirit of the local people to foreign guests. For many visitors, Hua Hin is a home away from a home.
2. Pattaya, Thailand’s Golf and entertainment city is also a great golf venue. It was named the Asia-pacific golf destination of the year. Located at the top of the Gulf Of Thailand, Pattaya is a thriving city, with romantic restaurants, bubbly baths, beautiful beaches and sights and sounds to stimulate all your senses. Just 90 mins. Drive from the highway of Bangkok, Pattaya is easily reached from the international airport or the capital. You can make a day trip but steer still stay a few days and enjoy all that Pattaya has to offer including 18 golf courses with never one far away. Be sure to not to miss the newly developed course by IMG, Chee Chan Golf resorts , the beautiful courses by the Siam Country club and Leam Chabang country club.
3. Bangkok is a Golf lovers paradise with numerous excellent golf courses within easy reach of the city centre. The worlds top designers are all represented including Jack Nicholas, Nick Faldo, Robert Trent Jones Jr., Peter Die, Arnold Palmer, Denis Grefiths and Greg Norman. Whatever the purpose of your visit, Bangkok is a city of immeasurable delight, beautiful temples and palaces, classical Thai dancing, kick boxing, boat rides, shopping bargains, restaurants and international world class hotels that offer incomparable food and facilities. If you are in Bangkok for leisure and business, a game of golf should be high on your wish list. You can play some of the worlds distinguished courses, then relax in a luxurious and comfortable hotel, enjoy fine dining and an abundance of leisure activities right at your doorstep.
4. Chiang Mai: For an unforgettable golf holiday, the northern city of Chiang Mai boasts a rich culture fascinating artworks and crafts, unique Lanner cuisine, luxury accommodations, temples, elephants rides and superb natural beauty as well as eight championship golf courses. Chiang Mai’s elevated position means that its often cooler than southern Thailand especially in winters when fresh crisp mornings may treat you on the golf course. While more relaxed than Bangkok and Pattaya, Chiang Mai and nearby Chiang Rai have all the shopping and nightlife attractions you may see with cultural and other treasures that make northern thailand a perfect choice for a Golf holiday.
5. Phuket, Thailands holiday island is known for its beaches, tropical scenery, nightlife and Golf. Here you’ll find a choice of seven excellent courses ranging from beach front layouts to inland mountain setting. Two of Phukets most famous golf courses Red mountain and Loch palm are side by side just 10 mins drive from the tourist centre. With the enticing Andaman sea never far from sight, Phuket has luxurious cliff top hotels, inviting restaurants, perfect vistas and welcoming waters, ideal for swimming, sailing, diving and all water sports. One can easily play golf in the morning, swim, sail or snorkel in the afternoon, relax with a pre-dinner cocktail overlooking the ocean and and hit the Phukets vibrant party scene at night.
Yes, its all here in Thailand, Great golf, great experiences, great friendships and unforgettable memories. Its why every day is as close of perfection as you can get when you play golf in Thailand.